Thursday, May 22, 2008

Gravitational Pull

I have noticed that the gravitational pull which is keeping my body grounded to the earth has increased significantly over the past few weeks. I'm a little disturbed by this phenomon. It seems that I have gained 10 lbs. in a rather short period of time. This is what has been on my mind... I need to take it off, but the more I think about it, the more I gain. So the trick for me is to earnestly not think about it, and to earnestly get healthy. Yes, if the gravitational pull increases much more, I may not be well...and if I am not well, it will be hard to have the energy to be a good mom...and who knows...if the gravitational pull gets too intense, I just may create holes in the earth. This may not be good for the enviorment. So this is a serious matter...

On the other hand. During one of our midnight swims (which lasted until 4am), Jaylene and I discovered two important principles:

1) Fat floats. Not only that, it's hard to sink if you are so abundantly blessed. If we were in a boat that went down in the middle of the ocean, we'd be okay. In fact, if you are with me in the middle of the ocean I could keep you floating! You'd be safe with me. So until I get a little healthier, I'm a good cruise buddy. (You may be interested to know that just in case you were thinking about the next Pretty Sister's cruise.)

2) It's possible to fall asleep while floating on your back.

On a more serious note, I've been thinking about loosing weight, and I know I have to carefully go about this so that I can be healthy, and naturally keep the weight off. Eight years ago I gave up sugar. It was difficult to do, but I feel like I was blessed, and count it as no small miracle that I've been able to sustain this. That's a story of its own, and someday I'll tell you about it. When I try to diet, I just eat, and the problem becomes worse.

So my plan is to lovingly take small steps toward better health. It's okay that I'm a little heafty...I float! I love myself the way I am, and I am going to become even more healthy by drinking more water every day. If I get out for a walk, that's great. If not, no big deal. The only thing I am going to ask of myself for at least a week is to drink water...I'll start out with 12 glasses of water a day, and see how that goes. By telling you all about my healthy choice for the week, I will be accountable. I'll let you know how that goes. If you have any suggestions for me, please let me know. I'd really like your input!

In the mean time, I'll try hard not to make holes in the earth...and if you want to go on a cruise, let me know. I'm happy to help.

1 comment:

Princesska said...

hahaha... I made a couple holes in the earth. So embarrassing.