Saturday, May 9, 2009

I Did It!!!!

This morning I woke up with a very sore body. I had my rest day yesterday, and I really wanted to challenge myself today...Saturdays my "big run" day. So, although it was a chore just to get out of bed, I decided I had to keep going. And so I did. Hubby told me about shuffling last night. He use to run 50 milers with heavy packs on his back...Marine stuff. He told me they would shuffle which is taking a real slow easy jog using as little energy as possible. I decided to give this a try. I shuffled. It wasn't about speed, it was about being able to maintain a jog for at least a half hour. Since I will be doing a 3 mile run for my first conditioning run, I have driven through my neighborhood, and found a good 3 mile course. My goal was to be able to keep it up for a half hour. When a half hour was up, I was fine!!!! I couldn't believe it! I continued on my course in a shuffle, and completed the whole thing! It took an hour, and I went 3 miles. I was dripping in "glow" (boys sweat--girls glow), but I DID IT!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Way to go Lynda!!! I'm inspired! If you can do it, I can do it! :)

Withawhy said...

Kathy, You could totally do it!

Jeni said...

You're awesome, Lynda!!!

Classicphotos said...

I need to talk to you about the shuffle. It might be a bit easier on me ankles which tend to swell when I run GRRRRRR!!