Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My Phone Doesn't Work

We did it! We drove across the states that are united, and landed here in Carlsbad, California. It was an incredible drive. The road kill kinda illustrates the different climates and terrain we passed through. Starting in Mass, we saw squirrels and deer, then as we progressed in a south westerly direction we came to many turtles, and the coolest was the armadillos in Oklahoma. Then Texas was pretty clear...we passed 1 fairly large turtle just sitting on the side of the road watching traffic. Arizona had wolves. It was cool. When we finally arrived to California. Road kill?...tires. I thought I would die as we went through the desert (is that spelled dessert, or desert?...at any rate, by the time we got to Calif, it felt like dessert...the sweet treat that you eat after you had your meat and veggies). The temperature was 115 degrees in Needles...and then as we pulled into Carlsbad, it was a beautiful, crisp 68 degrees...I love Carlsbad!

We looked in Irvine for a home....I only have one word. Crowded. I don't like sticking my hand out the window and touching my neighbor's house. The traffic was dense...even during non rush hour times. They have these cool communities built around little parks...a great concept. I just love having my own space...a yard. I know, I'm spoiled from my 8 acres of trees and grass. I don't have to have that. A postage stamp is fine. I just need a place to grow a flower, and maybe a bean. Henry needs room to run and play outside and still be home.

SOOOOOOO.......i think......We're going to move to Carlsbad!!! I love this place! It's 70 degrees all year around, and the beach is only a couple miles away. (Wendy and I were going to sneak out and go boogie boarding...no cameras.) I feel so good about being here, and Bill's fine with catching a train and commuting to Irvine. I guess there's a lot of people around here who do that. I will be here with Wendy, and I know from experience that there's nothing that compares to living by family.

So start making your vacation plans...We love company!

10 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm SOOOO excited!!! What a great idea!!! Carlsbad is awesome, the best!

Brittany Anne said...

It doesnt get better than that! Its perfect!!!

It is perfect but,I am still jealous, jealous that you get to be with wendy, and jealous wendy gets to be with you!!

You know what else is so cool.
Christie and susan are together, your mom and kathy are together, and you and wendy are together!

I am so glad you are in the west!! You are definatley where you need to be. You are going to love it!!

I do miss our Boston time, but I am so excited for you!

Carlsbad truly is the best place anywhere to live.

(the message is long because of not being able to call, I even limited my remarks)

Saying "my remarks" reminded me of when emma ask Bill if we could turn the time over to me, during dinner. That was so funny!!

Brittany Anne said...

I didnt realize Brittany was still logged in. so oviously the last message was mine.

Brittany Anne said...

OK I sent another brittany message. I don't want to change right now, so I'll just say, its me,JAYLENE.

Princesska said...

dessert (like the yummy treat) has two s' cause you always want two treats!! That's how I reminded my 6th graders. haha! You should probably write a book titled "America's Roadkill!" That would be amazing! I would read it!

Brittany Anne said...

I was hoping to hear from you guys today. I didnt want to leave for Idaho until I knew if you guys were going to be here. If you have time before aspen grove, we are only 4 hours away. I will be back on Sun leaving again on mon. or tue. What day do you finish with aspen grove. We'll you be around for a few days. try to connect with me, so I can make sure I am home

Kathy said...

The beach isn't a couple of miles away! It's there IN Carlsbad!

Megan said...

I cant tell you how excited that makes me....Man and its wierd cause nither mckenna or i live at home, regardless, better late than never!!!! YAY!!!

Kathy said...

What's the latest?? Update update update! I know you're getting ready or maybe at Aspen Grove now. They have a computer in the dinning room you can use! I hope you guys have fun together! Maybe next year we can all go together again. Those were the days...

Mindy said...

Carlsbad IS great! I remember our family vacationing in your house when you all went to Idaho during the summer. We loved it!