Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Hike

Yesterday our family went on a nice four mile hike. Today my legs are in way over the top killer pain. Why? Because I hiked FOUR miles!!!! Now that felt so good to say. That is all for the record. Truthfully, I lied. I dropped everyone off at the trail head and drove to the top of the mountain with Henry. (There was no parking at the trail head, so we got that job by default...probably a good thing.) Today my family laughs at me as I hobble around with sore muscles...and they are all fine!
I have just had to explain that Henry and I hiked far more than 4 miles walking around and waiting for them at the top. We went to the Hale Observatory which was quite interesting. It's a HUGE telescope at the top of Mount Palomar. ( I will say that there was a pretty big flight of stairs to get where we could see it....and the little man and I had to go see it a couple times while we were there...)

So today I'm thankful for 1) there was no parking lot, 2) I got a good workout in spite of the kind of hike I took, and 3) once again, it's a reminder that I want to get in better physical shape.

And of course the moral of this story is...ummm....if you're going to take a four mile hike, hope there's no parking lot at the trail head so you can drop everyone but the little man off, and drive to the top. It's better exercise...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm proud of you Lynda. I've been trying to get in better shape too. I blame age but the truth is if you don't use it you lose it. You're awesome!

WarriorWife said...

I'm not sure age has anything to do with it--i couldn't walk for 2 weeks after doing just 10 minutes of leg lunges. Pathetic. I know.

But I'm so happy I found this secret blog! :) Mine is www.costcowarrior.com