I have recently discovered DoTerra essential oils, and I love them! I've found them useful for almost ANYTHING! Here's a list of just some of those things...
1. For good smelling towels, sheets & clothes, put 2-3 drops of your favorite essential oil onto a small piece of terrycloth
and toss in the dryer while drying, or add 5 drops to ¼ cup fabric softener or water in the center cup of the washer.
2. Potpourri which has lost its scent can be revived by adding a few drops of a pleasant smelling essential oil.
3. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to a pan of water and simmer on stove or in a potpourri pot.
4. Add a few drops of oil to water in a spray bottle and use as a quick air freshener in the house, car, garage etc.
5. To enjoy a scented candle, put 1-2 drops onto the hot melted wax as the candle bums, but not into the flame.
6. To dispel cooking odors, add a few drops of your favorite oil to a simmering pan.
7. For tired aching muscles or arthritis aches, make a CPTG™ blend: 1 part Deep Blue oil to 4 parts Fractionated Coconut Oil
and massage in.
8. Ease sinus pain by rubbing a drop of CPTG™ Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Rosemary or Lavender oil onto the back of your neck,
then cup your hands to your nose and slowly breathe in.
9. Make your own massage oil by adding 3-5 drops of your favorite essential oil to 1 oz. Fractionated Coconut oil.
10. Add 10 drops of essential oil to a box of cornstarch or baking soda, mix very well, and let set for a day or two. Then freshen your carpets by sprinkling it over them. After letting set for an hour or more, vacuum.
11. To make a natural flea collarr, saturate a short piece of cord or soft rope with Melaleuca oil, roll it up in a handkerchief and
loosely tie it around the animal's neck.
12. Freshen up those stinky shoes! Drop a few drops of Geranium essential oil directly into the shoes or put a cotton ball
dabbed with a few drops of Lemon oil into the shoes (overnight, or longer if necessary!).
13. Athlete's foot? CPTG™ Melaleuca is great - sprinkle a just a little bit on clean toes nightly until gone!
14. Put a few drops of your favorite essential oil on a cotton ball and refresh your vacuum cleaner bag. Lemon oil and Purify
blend are nice. Geranium also helps with pet odors.
15. To fragrance your kitchen cabinets and drawers, place a good scent dabbed on a cotton ball into a back comer.
16. Are mice a problem? Place several drops of Peppermint oil on a cotton ball and place at problem locations; they dislike it.
17. Scent your bathroom easily by placing oil-scented cotton balls in inconspicuous places, or sprinkle oils directly onto silk or
dried flower arrangements, or add to a water spray and spritz away on the walls, sink, tub, toilet and counters!
18. Apply 1-2 drops CPTG™ Lavender oil or Melaleuca oil to cuts, scrapes or scratches to promote healing and ease pain.
19. Homemade soaps are pleasant to smell and also offer therapeutic effects when CPTG™ essential oils are added.
20. Homemade sachets are more fragrant when essential oils are blended with the dried flowers and herbs.
21. An essential oil dropped onto a radiator scent ring or light bulb will not only fill the room with a wonderful fragrance, but
will also set a mood such as calming or uplifting. (Don't put essential oil in the socket or on a hot bulb.)
22. A few drops of your favorite oil or blend in the rinse water with hand washables makes for pleasant results.
23. Shh!!! A fisherman's secret: use a 1-2 drops Melaleuca oil on the fingertips before baiting up. Melaleuca covers up
the human scent.
24. To dispel mosquitoes and other picnic pests, drop a few drops of Melaleuca or Citronella oil on the melted wax of a candle
or toss a couple drops on the hot Bar-B-Q coals.
25. CPTG™ Essential oils or blends make wonderful natural perfumes. Add 25 drops to 1 oz of perfume alcohol and allow to age for two weeks before becoming "essentially scentual” !!
26. Use 1 drop of CPTG™ Lemon essential oil applied directly to warts to get rid of them. Apply daily until the wart is gone.
27. Rosemary promotes alertness and stimulates memory. Inhale periodically during car trips or while reading or studying.
28. Selling your home? Fragrance sells! Fill the kitchen area with the aroma of spices such as Clove, Cinnamon, Lavender and
Elevation by simmering them on the stove or in your diffuser. Geranium oil sprinkled throughout the home creates a warm,
cheerful and inviting mood. Add Cinnamon or Cassia oil to furniture polish and wipe down the wood.
29. Add essential oils to paper mache. The result is the creation of aromatic art!
30. Infuse bookmarks and letters with essential oils. Place drops of oil on paper and put them in a plastic bag. Seal it and
leave overnight to infuse the aroma. Send along good news with these perfumed stationary.
31. Make pillows, padded and decorative hangers make more memorable gifts simply by dabbing some essential oil on them
in an inconspicuous spot, or the lid of the gift box, before giving.
32. Overindulge last night? A hangover remedy of blended CPTG™ eessential oils of Lavender, Rosemary and Lemon might help
soften the grueling effects. Diffuse the blend, or better yet, make the blend of these oils and then use 6-8 drops in a bath.
33. Essential oils of Cypress, Frankincense and Myrrh all make wonderful firewood oil. Drop approximately 2-3 drops of oil or
blend of your choice on a dried log and allow time for the oil to soak in before putting the log on the fire.
34. Flies and moths tend to dislike Lavender oil. Sprinkle it on the outside of your window frames.
35. Place a drop of sleep enhancing oil such as Lavender on your pillow before retiring for restful sleep.
36. When moving into a new home, first use a water spray containing your favorite essential oils and change the odorous
environment and eliminate lingering germs. Spray the walls, floor, carpeting...whatever you want! Do this for several days
until it begins to feel like your space. Some ideas for the bedroom are Geranium, Lavender or Lemon.
37. One drop of Lemon essential oil on a soft cloth will help polish copper with a gentle buffing.
38. When washing out the fridge, freezer or oven, add 1 drop of Lemon or Wild Orange oil to the final rinse water.
39. For minor burns or scalds, drop CPTG™ Lavender, Lemon or Melaleuca essential oil directly on the effected area.
40. Place 1 drop of CPTG™ Peppermint oil in 1/2 glass of water, sip slowly to aid digestion and relieve upset stomach.
41. Use 1 drop of Melaleuca or On Guard Blend on a washcloth wrapped ice cube held to the outside of the jaw to help relieve
teething pain in children.
42. 6-8 drops of Eucalyptus oil in the bath cools the body in summer and protects in winter.
43. Add 1 drop CPTG™ Geranium oil to your facial moisturizer to bring about a radiant glow to your skin.
44. Place 1- 2 drops of Rosemary oil on your hair brush before brushing to promote hair growth and thickness.
45. Is it flu season again? Add a few drops of Thyme to your diffuser or simmer in a pan on the stove.
46. To bring fever down, sponge the body with cool water to which 1 drop each of Eucalyptus, Peppermint and Lavender CPTG™ oils have been added.
47. The blend of Lavender and Lemon oil is good for the office. Lavender creates a calm tranquil atmosphere while Lemon
stimulates the senses and clears up stale air.
48. A blend of Geranium, Lavender and Wild Orange and/or Frankincense alleviates anxiety and depression. Use in a room
diffuser or 6-8 drops of this blend in the bath.
49. A wonderful massage CPTG™ blend for babies is 1 drop Wild Orange, 1 drop Lavender, 1 drop Geranium diluted in 2
Tablespoons Fractionated Coconut oil.
50. 1 drop CPTG™ Peppermint oil diluted in 1 teaspoon vegetable oil rubbed on the back of the neck helps to relieve headaches.
Is Your Plastic Water Bottle Killing You?
8 hours ago